5/31/2005

good

one of those rides yesterday, the ones that stick in your mind as why we ride. great singletrack to way up high, just a few spots of snow on shaded north aspects. the trails were tacky fast, just a few mud bogs, nothing too bad. rolling over the smooth singletrack looking at the little pebbles that so nicely break up the perfect surface to make its own perfect surface puts me in a trance, my breathing on the climbs and the focus of looking at each and every little rock/pebble adds to the climb to make it more involved. not simply riding the bike up the hill, riding the bike u pthe hill to get to that place, not on a map but to the place where it all makes sense, the trance of the climb. quietly climbing up the hill with my breathing to break the silence, not hearing my friends around me, the trail my own private zen garden, i might as well visit han shan and his garden in my trance. the dirt accepting the tires subtle gentle roll over not leaving anything beyond a fleeting track that the next puff of wind will erase.

No comments: