1/20/2004

i finally felt like i was back from vacation today, the 4.30 wake up followed by a great ride in on an inch or so of fresh snow. as i was out of the house early i got a donut on the way in. my special treat for the month of january. the roads were a lot safer with that bit of snow, not black ice but good traction-giving snow. my legs felt the 12 days of no riding, tonight an hour or so on the rollers will do me good. then this weekend hopefully a good 4-5 hour ride in golden/denver/boulder. i need to get my shit in order. a week on the beach was the perfect mid-winter break. training and just life in general is a lot easier to stomach knowing that spring isn't too far off and that the world does offer variety if you choose to look for it. the mountains are my home but flying over san fran on the way to kauai made me think about the move we almost made there a few years ago, the idea of coastal living is appealing except for the crowds, especially in the bay area. a bit of travel no matter what you fear is a very good thing, it refreshes and reminds that the world isn't as small as they say it is, whoever they are. sleep well

No comments: