1/25/2004

20 or 30 showed up for the starbucks ride today, getting out of town for the day felt great. it was warmer yesterday riding around breck. the cold and gray of denver made for a great group ride. good roads with only a couple horns directed at the group. i tried my best to keep a solid lsd pace but pride got in the way a few times. on a few hills i found myself going a bit harder than i wanted. the bike felt great, a perfect re-build (thanks todd!) listening to the tires on the road as the group rolled along made me feel warmer than the air. riding along at 25 miles an hour in the bunch feels like flying, the pack pulling me along. while flying home last friday night/saturday morining i read a book in the fastest time ever for me, about 12 hours, kent haruf's where you once belong, insomnia while flying all night flipped my stomach and kept me up, so i read. i realized that leaving san fran i would be finished by denver, the book was engaging the whole time, a sad story of a small farming community on the planes of eastern colorado. the sadness came in how the people refused to fight for their happiness, not the tragedy thrust upon them. landing in san fran at 4.30 am i didn't even want a latte, i knew the next flight was going to allow me to finish the book, or sleep a bit so i didn't even bother with caffeine. picking apples for the kings and queens of things i've never seen distance has no way of making love understandable there is something wrong with me my mind is filled with silvery stars honey kisses clouds of love -wilco

No comments: