10/27/2008

Dog food

I think my vision is going. I keep seeing things maybe it's through frozen eyes, at 15 degrees, trying to see if the black ice melted. Almost through the midpoint of cross and I am lackluster to put it nicely. I feel like dog food today. A full-on cluster yesterday at the start. Who has heard of a rolling "neutral" start to a cross race at a venue that allows for a proper start? It was totally fucked. I rode the first bit of the race after being on the front row in the mid 20s, not my preferred starting plan. After burning matches to get near the top 10 the front group was GONE. Riding around trying to catch first lap heroes and get to the first sheet placings wore me out. Less gas than I needed and I rolled in 6th. Oh well, at least the official knew he f-ed it up. And, more importantly it won't happen again.

4 comments:

Bolivar said...

there was a rolling neutral start yesterday? what the.....sounds like it was a tough course, lots of running, you ready for Boulder Cup?

Steve said...

"first lap heroes"? Did you mean for that to sound as condescending as it does?

Tim said...

Condescending? No, not my intention.

. said...

Yeah Tim, I was checkin out your start and saw your face when the whistle just randomly blew as you guys rolled, it was fucked, and you were totally caught off guard...lame. See ya this weekend, more cowbell.
Larry G