10/05/2008

Days

Saturday I did the regular open race, starting at the back really sucks, I pegged it just to get into the top 20 but paid for it on the 2nd lap as 10 guys went past me. it sucked. I know I have top 10 power as even with a broken fork on the last lap I ended up 13th or so. Not bad. The fork leg separated from the dropout, thinking about the three falls I have in cross this season makes me think maybe this wasn't the 1st time it happened. Bummer, but thanks to the lack of help at Reynolds, I have a shiny new Alpha Q CX20 on the way! The service was unreal, great company!

Sunday on a borrowed bike I went with the 35+ and had a good day. Not real confident on a foreign machine but riding with decent power. Out of sorts and riding. I kept it together and showed a decent result. Great course thanks to the promoters laying out an epic loop. Mark and I had separation after a few laps and then he worked me over w/ 1.5 to go to take the W, I quietly rolled in 2nd.

2 comments:

DMC said...

I have fund Reyonlds to be hard to deal with..

Katie and Mark Compton said...

We've found Reynolds to be very weak when it comes to sponsored riders, they strung us along for 6 weeks last year. 10 days out from Vegas they still had us on " anytime now" then they sponsored Christine Vardaros with wheels.
I still don't know what they are doing with their forks, they won't answer emails.
Weak rider support and weak customer support.

Great racing with you on Sunday. It was fun riding with a talented fast rider. I have to have a very good day to put one on you.
Next time I drop a chain I want you to listen to me and keep going. It's game on and I wouldn't expect any less. Dropping a chain is like losing a wheel in a corner or a technical skill like riding a borrowed bike with front wheel overlap.
Nice work on the bike you had your work cut out for you.
Spot ya in Boulder