9/14/2008

The snow and rain from the late part of the week made the ok to not so ok course into a good one. The perpendicular ridges became soft bermy ridges, carving the tubeless tires and feeling the first full cross effort was good, little snag just before the mid-point helped me more than it hurt me. I dropped the chain just after pulling through and stopped, got off and fixed it, no panic, just get it back together and race the bike. 4 seasons of single ring with a double guard and this never happened, first race with a third eye and a single guard, I had to stop. I don't think they attacked as much as accelerated when I stopped to fix, take time where you can. I attacked after getting it on to catch, I didn't want the two to get away. Top class racers like Ward and Jon don't need that much time before they're gone and I'm stuck in third. I guess Jon had issues and faded a bit as Ward lit it up on the road, I was comfy enjoying the shelter on the headwind stretches and came around to lead out the last lap or two, Van der Poel would be proud. The screw turned and I was able to gap Ward enough to take the first win of the season, good stuff.

3 comments:

I am Brian said...

Nice rollin' yesterday man!

Jeff Kerkove said...

Sweetness!

gwadzilla said...

I am not sure...

maybe winning comes too easy?