7/17/2008

Collateral Damage

A good day, not great, a few things that kept me from catching into the top three. Rolling well, when mechanicals didn't slow me down too much. Then with about 2 miles to go in the race, I leave the ground on a section of trail I have ridden a 100 times and the front end never hooks up again, I think at about 25mph. Rough to scrub off that much momentum on rocks and dirt. I got off light, the important thing is I didn't break the collarbone, and I finished. I think the bike is OK, I'll check that soon. Not too worried about a broken bike when I nearly finished off the season in mid-July. Bikes are a hell of a lot easier to fix than bodies. Not too fucked up considering how fast I was going and the terrain, could have been tons worse. The legs were going over well. The body didn't complain, only the speed wasn't that great.

1 comment:

gwadzilla said...

glad you are alright

plenty of time to get your groove for cross season