6/25/2008

Where?

2 PBRs,  salad and a Fat Boy, how's that for a great evening after an mtb race. Wednesday this time, epic course, great trails and super competition. Apparently I was on Auto-Pilot and missed an arrow. Went from 15 seconds behind second place as I was starting to move up to who knows where. I managed to walk around Lincoln Meadow, bushwhack up the hill and find the track again. Behind guys who started minutes after the Pro field. The first time up Heinous Hill I went from 7th to just behind 2nd, why can't I climb this well on a road bike? Then a breather over the top instead of closing the gap put 2nd place out of sight long enough for me to lose sight of him long enough to brain fart off course. Cleaning climbs and riding well were the take aways. Frustration that I could have challenged for the win weren't too far outside. The form is building, life is opening windows and doors. Better to be fast later and slower now.   

1 comment:

TC the OC said...

Oh yeah?..... I bet I had more fun in the woods last night than you did.