6/22/2008

Dishes

I have a picture in my head of what the insides of my legs look like. After yesterday I think they might look like what a tornado does to a trailer park... Something like medium to complete disarray. Nothing to complain about, it was hard, I rode well the last 25 km, the rest of the race was, less than that good. I stayed upright and the roads were familiar and the trail was there for me to follow. As best as I could. Nothing special on the effort other than not going down and quitting to avoid the last four climbs. I was like duct tape, always a little more stick-um to be useful, maybe not enough to do the whole job and keep it all together but enough to get through and finish complete, now today I use the duct tape to put together the broken dishes in time Wednesday's test. It feels good to have the achy legs, I earned that. I managed to finish strong which was hard to considering the effort left out there. Getting it all done was important, inside it feels almost as good as a great result. 

No comments: