9/10/2017

1st one for the year

Today it felt like my head was being held underwater for the whole hour. In a hot tub. I had enough air for a few laps then the efforts cost more and more, not on form not on task not on focus-whatever it was I paid for early confidence with a thorough lack of power and instead it became a training ride with race efforts. Not good but it gave me a chance to learn drifting the new bike (2018 Boone 9) with new tires (Challenge Baby Limus for dry courses).
The heat crept up on me, the ice sock on my upper back didn't do all I needed it to, I should've sat in the nearby pond for a half hour before the start. The heat was the antagonist today, as soon as it got me my system went into the survival mode and I tried and tried to cool, not today. It was good to open the account, to give my legs and lungs a taste of the next 4 months. It's here.

No comments: