8/13/2008

Red

I don't know why I can't sleep sometimes, it makes me feel like a big kid to stay up late instead of going to bed like I should. Then rest is easier to get but also the dark gets to me. If I go outside to make sure the shed is locked or try to get the dog or cat in I get freaked out that something is going to bolt out of the darkness and get me. Rational, huh? For a while I was trying to allay the fear by doing more stuff in the dark, taking number one for a walk after dark up the trail, but he too, is afraid. I get it all laid out in front of me, skiing in the dark down the trail to work is another one. I get freaked out because most of that effort is in the dark. I have tried it with and without headphones, no luck, scared either way. In a way it gets exciting sometimes to do it and not get attacked. My own sissy way of getting outside when in my head I think I shouldn't. I feel strong if I walk inside with my back to the darkness and I don't hurry up the steps.

2 comments:

Onespeed Esq. said...

Nice. But, the Golden Horseshoe is definitely haunted. I remember running up there in the dark. I couldn't do it with head phones on. Even Buddy was tense. Everything around here seems pretty pasteurized. I suppose the Golden Horseshoe is more so now too.

Matt said...

I've been sleeping like a dog this summer.....but I've also been drinking far too much at nighttime. Dunno which is worse - the insomnia or the consumption....the extra 5lbs says it's prolly not a good idea.