4/10/2008

Inside

Looking around for the things I know aren't there,
with a little soundtrack in my head.
Playing on a loop to only hear what I want.
Isn't that the warmth of synthetic insulation on a cold afternoon?
Instead of pushing what isn't supposed to be there,
pulling through on the right day in favor of the right things in
places I know they fit.
Looking soon to see the ink, it's been so long since
I was outside at 5 am,
soon those will be my puzzles and my warmth,
insulation inside.

Two headed boy
With pulleys and weights
Creating a radio played just for two
In the parlor with a moon across her face
And through the music he sweetly displays
Silver speakers that sparkle all day
Made for his lover who's floating
and choking with her hands across her face
And in the dark we will take off our clothes
And they'll be placing fingers through the notches in your spine

Lyrics by Jeff Mangum, NMH

No comments: