3/24/2008

Utility

I have no real skills, I say this a lot, the kid on the fixy held that track stand for a full two minute red light stop, impressive. I rode well but that didn't really take skill, I just wasn't that tired, that's not a skill. After 25 almost 30 years of riding bikes my skills have remained non-existent. I can ride from here to there. Not much else. That's free-ing sort of. I only need to practice riding, bike practice is a constant, anytime I can get it done, I do. So enjoyable to go out and set the throttle at one spot and leave it there, no need to kill yourself just get the work done and enjoy the little burn in the legs. Smile, you're riding a bike. I think it was either Tony Hawk or Andy Macdonald who once said about skateboarding "we are riding around on toys" bikes aren't much different, just a bit more utilitarian.

3 comments:

DMC said...

I take it as opions are like ass holes and everybody has one// 40 miles of commuting yesterday for me i say it all counts..

Jared Roy said...

send some of those Skillz this way bro. Perhaps the tipping point I need

jsager said...

I think it was Andy Mac as he was advertising that super-pogo stick he endorsed awhile back.