11/07/2003

lost in the supermarket

i made it in early over snow covered roads and dirt that were not as slick as yesterday, the crossbike didn't even slip once. i got a good ride afterwork to open up the legs. the snow was blowing a bit and the peaks looked beautiful snowcovered, the ski area even looked good. the grocery on the way home was a challenge, the bike geek coustume a week after halloween was an attention getter in the aisles. the pack, the suit, everything was a source of entertainment for my fellow shoppers. the whole time i had the clash song playing in my head "i'm all lost in the supermarket, i can no longer shop happily" i saw an old boss who i really didn't have anything to say to, she got me fired for some reason that i won't bore anyone with, but when i saw her a few months ago she acted like we were old friends, i try not to have anger towards anyone but some people get me going. meanwhile i'm thinking clash and enjoying the song in my head (no portable music today) while i shop. finally i filled my list and got the hell out of the store and back into my pleasant little two-wheeled world for the ride home. enjoy the music: i'm all lost in the supermarket i can no longer shop happily i came in here for that special offer i guaranteed personality i wasn't born so much as I fell out nobody seemed to notice me we had a hedge back home in the suburbs over which I never could see i heard the people who lived on the ceiling scream and fight most scarily hearing that noise was my first ever feeling that's how it's been all around me

No comments: